96-98 Vortec Injector question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am wanting some pics of the injection system on these trucks, 350 and 454 would be nice. Maybe some reference on how the set up works too.

I have read about people installing higher rate LS injectors, pics and/or threads of that would be nice.

Reason being is I am currently shopping for a truck to run on propane for a DD/tow pig. This typically limits me to Carb, TBI, and LS trucks because those are the only ones that currently have kits available. Being that we all like our GMT400 trucks I am really wanting to stick w/ that style. I dont really want to do an LS swap but it is a possibility, for now I want to try this idea:

No one builds a vortec propane kit because the injectors wont accept them. Since LS injectors can be installed then I dont see how that can be true. On my wifes 6.0L and my cousins '13 6.0 the propane injectors are Y'd directly into the intake under the gas injectors, the gas injectors shut off when the propane system activates. I dont see why the same kit couldnt be installed on the early vortec but I'm not sure how the kit actually looks and works.

Another reason I am inquiring about the early vortecs is because the TBI's on the market are usually ragged out and they want the same price as vortec.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You are confusing the 350 and 454 systems....... they are totally different. The 350 uses the screwy spider injector setup. The 454 uses individual injectors on a fuel rail, like normal.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So they are separate and the 454 COULD get the propane injectors added in, thats great news! I really wanted a 454 over the 350 for towing.

If anyone has pics of both I am still interested in seeing them.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry i didn't post sooner. replaced my injector spider on my 5.7 vortec a few days ago. here ya go. this is what's under the UIM

You must be registered for see images attach