'95 TBI MODS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlogdce95

Reaction score
So I'm wondering what else I can do to my '95 TBI to gain some more power for hills and maintaining decent speed cruising down the freeway while towing a tow hauler. I have lowered the gears, installed a throttle body spacer and have a cold air intake. I'm wondering what else is worth the money to do that's going to be in improvement......chip? Headers? Etc?

Thanks

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes headers, and a chip will help. Shorty headers do better for take off power, and long tube headers do better at higer RPMs. Also shortys are a direct replacement for your exhaust manifolds, so they are an easer install, where long tubes will need the exhaust system to be modified for the install. Any restrictions you can remove from the exhaust system will help. Also an X pipe will help, and if you can remove the cats, that will help too, but you may have a hard time passing state inspection if you do. High performance heads, and a cam will give you the bigest bang for your buck, but your engine, and transmission needs to be in good shape to handel the extra power.