95 tahoe stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessezipper

Reaction score
ok so its got a 231C tcase and a not stock trans. itll start in 2 of 3 gears in the tcase (assuming 2wd and 4 hi) and when brake is applied even slightly , it stalls...

this is a basket case Tahoe I just acquired. its a 4 dr 4wd,350, auto with a 10 bolt ass end.

any idea on how to fix this issue?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
DO you hear a hising noise from the brake pedal area when the brake is appiled? Sounds like the power booster may be leaking. This creates a vacuum leak and creates havoc with the mass air flow sensor reading.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
:word: on the booster leaking. I had the same problem. It would stall when braking. I figured it was out of tune because of the engine swap, and after a couple days it stopped stalling, but recently it lost all brakes because the booster went out. Replaced it and the RPM's don't drop when on the brakes anymore.

jessezipper

Reaction score
nope no hissing, cant hear anything, its stalls with very light pressure applied to the brake pedal