95 Tahoe engine swap to 8.1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okiemudslinger

Son's BEAST
Reaction score
Hello guys I guess I will start with what I currently have is a 95 2 Dr 4x4 Tahoe 350 TBI nv4500 5 speed which needs a little work a nv231 TC 6" lift the truck has 250xxx miles runs good. I replaced and rebuild the TC back it April, the PO reconverted it to the 5 speed. there is not alot wrong which the set up but mainly the 3.54 gears and 35x12.50 tires and have to shift out of overdrive all the time.
I also have a 01 GMC Yukon 2500 4x4 that the rockers are gone (good old rust) but it has a 8.1 and 4l80e transmission and a nv241 TC and 4.10 gears plus they are 3/4 ton. so I was thinking that I could since the Yukon is not worth any thing trying to sell (gas hog) I could put the drive train in the hoe since it's a toy anyway and being so much small and lighter it may get about the same mileage I get now.

I'm still thinking about it and was asking what you all think are going to be the biggest problems and has anyone done something like this already ? :smile: