95 Silverado Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Showed the truck for the first time this weekend, went to NOPI in Myrtle Beach with it. And those stripes I talked about wanting in the first post, they finally happened. Its done it blue pearl on the hood, basically like a ghost effect.
You must be registered for see images attach

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Few more pics, shes pretty much buttoned and and finished how I want it for now.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, been kinda upset with the truck. August 2nd, right after I came back from NOPI, which was a 3 hr drive each way, the truck started knocking. Needless to say it spun a few bearings and I haven't even been driving it hard, its just wore out I guess.

Anyways, doing a mild TBI build. Basic 1979 350/5.7 010 casting block, gonna be a mild cam, clean up the heads really good and run a carb intake with the TBI adapter.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Finished tearing down that 350 last night, and of course the crank is trashed in it and it has a bad ring ridge. Contemplating doing a 383 (thinking it will cost around 1200 in parts) or go to the dark side. Realistically I can get a 5.3/4L60e thats running for around $750 from a local yard and they will let you hear it run beforehand. A basic swap seems to run $2500 for these trucks all in all. Thinking thats the route that I want to take if I can get the funds to do it.

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
LS swap for sure. 5.3 is my plan when my engine goes

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
LS swap for sure. 5.3 is my plan when my engine goes

It'll cost more short term, but in the long run it will be so much more versatility. I know some people do some crazy builds on a tbi setup, but I don't think thats what I want for this truck. The accidental theme of this truck ended up being modified but with a stockish appearance, and I think the LS will fit the bill perfectly.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished tearing down that 350 last night, and of course the crank is trashed in it and it has a bad ring ridge. Contemplating doing a 383 (thinking it will cost around 1200 in parts) or go to the dark side. Realistically I can get a 5.3/4L60e thats running for around $750 from a local yard and they will let you hear it run beforehand. A basic swap seems to run $2500 for these trucks all in all. Thinking thats the route that I want to take if I can get the funds to do it.
I have heard that the swap can be done for $1000 and I do believe that it is possible. The key is finding a deal one the complete engine, harness and pcm.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I have heard that the swap can be done for $1000 and I do believe that it is possible. The key is finding a deal one the complete engine, harness and pcm.

I'm hoping I can get a really good deal on the setup. Gonna try to sell the 6.0 (complete intake to oil pan but no harness) I've got thats blown headgaskets and like 350,000 to help fund the swap. Then hopefully find someone that wants to buy my 95 350/4l60e when it comes out. I just really want this thing to be a good driver that has more than 190hp and gets better than 13 mpg.