95 silverado 350 4l60e making soft ticking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgeman

Reaction score
I bought this 95 ext cab sport side z71 never seen another one like it in my area or before really but thats besides the point i have this strange tick when i first start the engine it ticks loud 4 times then i can only hear it above 1,500rpms when driving or reving not rhe engine almost sounds like its inbetween my transmission and engine could it be my flex plate? i can hesr it better if u lean down towards the tranny tunnel and if im under it and someone revs it i can hear it right there where my plate it

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpeg
    IMG_1399.jpeg
    753.5 KB · Views: 3

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
make sure u dont have a spark plug wire acrcing., when its dark out, look for arcing.. also could be a sticky lifter, a little marvel mystery oil will usually take care of it.
let us know what you find..

dodgeman

Reaction score
Your flexplate might be cracked or it could be piston slap.
im pretty sure its the flex plate or maybe the starter gear i thought it was piston slap for a while but i onky hear it on start up and above 1500 rpm and listening to my engine it sounds perfect and i can go under my truck and hear it right inbetween my torque converter and my engine

dodgeman

Reaction score
make sure u dont have a spark plug wire acrcing., when its dark out, look for arcing.. also could be a sticky lifter, a little marvel mystery oil will usually take care of it.
let us know what you find..
i havent checked for arcing i just put new coil and rotor plug wires and plugs in it i will try that and i ran seafoam in my engine and mmo but no luck even put royal purple oil in it but nothings changed im pretty sure its my flex plate

dodgeman

Reaction score
im pretty sure its the flex plate or maybe the starter gear i thought it was piston slap for a while but i onky hear it on start up and above 1500 rpm and listening to my engine it sounds perfect and i can go under my truck and hear it right inbetween my torque converter and my engine you can really hear it around when it starts to shift then didsapears for a second