95 ecsb want to conert to 1500 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Dude

Reaction score
has anyone done this or do they have the specs to do so. I am also looking for a cab if anyone knows of one. Thanks

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
It can and has been done. It takes a lot of time and effort to do it and would probably be easier to just buy a crew cab

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Soon I will be doing this with my 95 sierra. It originally was an ext cab. Basically you lengthen the frame 13 in between the rear cab mounts. Move the middle cab mounts out about and inch. Replace the rear drive shaft with one from a regular cab. Then lengthen brake lines wires and fuel lines.

It depends on what you are wanting if it will be better to buy one or make one. The 1500 5 lug crew cabs are very rare and expensive if you can find one but sometimes there is a good deal out there. 3/4 and 1 tons are easy to find but you get 6 or 8 lug suspension.

Unless you are wanting a 1500 5 lug to lower and customize. It would be better to just buy one than make one.

Old Dude

Reaction score
I want a 1500 to lower and customize. I would like to see pictures underneath one of those centurion conversions where they stretched the frame to see how it was done. It seems like a straight forward job to me. I have been a body man for 25 years. I work at a salvage yard and have access to lots of parts. I would like exact measuremnets and so on. Any help greatly appreciated. I have built a bunch of OBS trucks, lowered chopped notched boxed and so on. I never got into bagged though, it just seem to me you would go through tires fast, doue to the caster and camber changes all the time.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Originally the measurement is 24 in. between the middle and rear mount, like mentioned above, you need to stretch the frame 13 inches, and when done you should have 37 in. center to center between the mount's, I used 2x6 1/4 wall rectangular tubing to stretch mine, and I overlaped the joint's by about 6 inches on both sides, it work's like fish a plate to strengthen the frame, and then also like mentioned above, you move the middle cab mount's out 1/2 an inch on each side. This is really not that difficult at all.Good luck with your project.