'95 Chev NO REVERSE, Other Gears Work Fine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
95 is year specific as im sure you know. A 96 trans can be converted to work in a 95 tho if you needed to with the only modifications being inside the pan. This should help. Its a little write up i did on the progression of transmissions thru these body trucks.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...ight=real+differences+automatic+transmissions

Yes I know very well. I actually read that already and I saw the process to change over a '96. I have been told putting a 2WD tranny in can be a real pain in the neck, but I thought about that too

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
^^ trans shop would probably charge less that $100 to swap an output shaft. May be worth checking into in case you come across a 2wd trans for cheap.

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
So here's an update, I bought a donor truck. It's a 1995 ECLB 2500 with the 4L80e. It has a 350 in it just like mine, I am wondering what all I need to do to swap the trannys? I know you need to change the crossmember and the torque convertor and all that good stuff but it there any other major changes I have to do?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
PCM, driveshaft (custom instead of straight swap since donor is ECLB and yours is ECSB yes?), wiring, yada yada...

Richard

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
PCM, driveshaft (custom instead of straight swap since donor is ECLB and yours is ECSB yes?), wiring, yada yada...

Richard

Yes mine is a shortbox, but the main thing I was concerned about is the rear end. My current rear end will work with the new trans right?

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
I am also wondering if it would be easier to put the ecu from the donor truck in since it's same year and will plug right into the 4l80e?