95 C1500 build! Dropped, LS swap, paint!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tell me honestly
Was that harness a PITA?
Honestly, no...but im an electrician to, so I have a sick love for wiring LOL

BUT with the amount of time I spent on it, I can see why an aftermarket harness costs what it does.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you splice your harness into the ls harness? And do the headers hang below the frame? I just yanked the 350 with my friends on my burb and the 5.3 is still in my avalanche.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fantastic build so far. Will the stock clutch and trans hold up to the ls motor?
I dunno. I drove it for one year only and i wasnt very easy on it. Still works fine.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you splice your harness into the ls harness? And do the headers hang below the frame? I just yanked the 350 with my friends on my burb and the 5.3 is still in my avalanche.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only wires i spliced into was the tach wire, speedo signal, temp gauge signal, and fuel pump relay trigger. I re used the oil pressure sender from the v6 on the ls engine so that wiring didnt change.

The headers do not hang below the frame at all, but the oil pan does. I still need to change it out for a slim pan one day.

Dave454ss

Reaction score
Nice! I've got a 98 4.3/NV3500 waiting to go under the LS knife and I gotta ask...How do you like the NV3500 behind the 5.3? My heart says go with a T56...just cause, but I then consider keeping the NV...