'95-99 Radio "hole" size in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am getting down to the short strokes of my '98 2 door renovation and I am looking for a new stereo. I would like a touch screen but don't want to hack up the dash and I don't want one that mechanically comes out of the dash. Anyone had any luck here with something that fits? Truck is at the body shop so it's not in front of me to measure, so if anyone knows the height and width of the hole it goes in that would help as well.

Thanks

Dave454ss

Reaction score
It is a 1.5 din.

True...and while I haven't used one yet..the Metra DP3003 looks like a nice solution to get a Double DIN in there which really opens up options & possibilities. I'm a while away from doing the interior, but at this time thats the road I plan on exploring when its time.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I had to do some trimming to the bezel & radio hole to get a DD in there. Its a 1.5 slot so no matter what way you cutnit the hole has to be bigger.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

William King

Reaction score
I just installed the Metra DP-3003 in my OBS 2000 C2500. The inside cutting was a breeze, and I did have to modify the new Bezel as it sat just a hair high. The HVAC top icons were cut off too. I removed the separator and sanded the edges down to look right. Now it sits really nice. Here is a picture before I cut the bezel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I cut for a 2din and used a kit for the bezel and rails(I think it was a metra). I believe I used a dremel with a cutoff wheel and by hand with a reciprocating saw blade for parts(may have been a jigsaw blade) and the plastic cuts pretty easily. I put the radio in partially to see what needed cut away so I took the least material out as possible.

I'm really happy with it. My only gripe with the radio is that it takes about 10 seconds to boot up. I had already upgraded my front door speakers(suburban) which was an improvement while I still used the stock radio, but having a good sounding head unit has been a better improvement.

20170412_221917_zpsjezb5aca-jpg.187214