95-98 silvy billet steering wheel and adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knight89

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a billet steering wheel and adapter that works with the 95+ silverados with airbag steering wheels. I can find them all day for 88-94 without airbag but none for my year... Here's the eBay link of the style I'd like to get and it's fairly cheap not wanting to spend 300+ for a steering wheel . Any help would b greatly appreciated. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-horn-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccfe1de03&vxp=mtr

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can actually use the 88-94 adapters I have a grant steering wheel in my 95.you will have to remove the clock spring on the column.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
billet specialties makes the adapter i got mine from jegs for $55. It says non airbag wheel in the description but it works with the airbag wheels just make sure it says 95-up. Itll work with any 9 hole mounting wheel.

Personally i hate those wheels if you look around ebay you can find some decent solid billet wheels for $150 shipped. I ran across a billet specialties wheel on ebay for $100 that needed polishing and bought a new horn button and steering wheel surround thing and covered it myself.

knight89

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it. So in short will the steering wheel in the above link I posted install on my truck with the adapter it comes with? Or will I need to spend the extra $55 on the 95+ adapter?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it. So in short will the steering wheel in the above link I posted install on my truck with the adapter it comes with? Or will I need to spend the extra $55 on the 95+ adapter?

I cant say if that wheel with the adapter will work, but i can tell you that wheel with the billet specialties adapter wont work. You need a wheel with the 9 holes for the billet specialties adapter to work. Like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-CHROME-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aea699b07&vxp=mtr

AA13

Reaction score

So which did you do? Cuz I'm wanting to do the same and want to see if the 88-94 adapters will work too. Is there anyone that's used the 88-94 on a 98?

knight89

Reaction score
So which did you do? Cuz I'm wanting to do the same and want to see if the 88-94 adapters will work too. Is there anyone that's used the 88-94 on a 98?

I used the 88-94 adapter that came with the wheel and jus removed the clockspring and it worked great bolted right up no problems... Jus b sure to use caution wen removing the airbag I would unplug it and leave it unplugged for 30 minutes or so before trying to remove it.

AA13

Reaction score
I used the 88-94 adapter that came with the wheel and jus removed the clockspring and it worked great bolted right up no problems... Jus b sure to use caution wen removing the airbag I would unplug it and leave it unplugged for 30 minutes or so before trying to remove it.

OK thanks man. Ima have to get me a billet wheel soon then!

AA13

Reaction score

So do you have a pic of it yet? I'm interested to see how it looks