95 96 dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im weighing in everything i want to do to my dash and its looking like the easiest route would be to swap to the newer style dash. i currently have a 88-94 dash, im looking at getting everything for a 95 96 dash swap. everything i already have on the list is aztec needles, double din and im relocating the 88-94 hvac to my overhead console. im wondering whats everything else i could do to that dash style as far as custom touches go?

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
If you do this please take lots of pictures.....lots of us are interested. I am doing the overhead hvac install too.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
so you don't even have the dash yet but are worried about Aztek needles and Double Dins?

With all the things you have said your going to do to your truck lately (SAS, Carb Swap, engine swap, Trans Swap, Dash Swap, 1ton Diff, gas tank swap, Full exhaust build) it sure seems like you should just strip it down to bare frame and rebuild it...

Funny thing is, i have yet to see one of these many things completed, even the dome light project...

ill believe it, when i see it.

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
so you don't even have the dash yet but are worried about Aztek needles and Double Dins?

With all the things you have said your going to do to your truck lately (SAS, Carb Swap, engine swap, Trans Swap, Dash Swap, 1ton Diff, gas tank swap, Full exhaust build) it sure seems like you should just strip it down to bare frame and rebuild it...

Funny thing is, i have yet to see one of these many things completed, even the dome light project...

ill believe it, when i see it.

Heck with as much as he wants to change he would be better off with an old square body

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alot of the stuff i wanted to do is coming out of the dream stages and more into reality for me so im comprimising on what would be best and still stay on a budget vs spending a ton of money, like im holding off on a sas till i get alittle more time and experience because i dont feel like im ready yet and i dont want to ruin my truck, my dad gave me a complete 88 tbi engine so im going to rebuild that, im going to stick with my 4l60e for now, and the 1 ton is out of the question because the axle is mia :/ although i do still plan on doing the gas tank and exhaust. you will be seeing alot less talk and a little more action once i get caught up on all my bills, wich is getting close thankgod im itching to tear into the truck finally lol
and i always ask a question on my ideas and plans because even if i decide not to go that route i like having as much information as i can and as far as my dome light goes im working on the wiring right now and hopefully i will be able to finish tonight after work