94Sierra4x4.. upgrade to 97SilveradoZ71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
same color as your truck too?!

Nope, unfortunately not. Same colour as the flares. That ugly blue :lol:

Just ordered a plethora of parts....

2x MOOG Upper balljoints
2x MOOG Lower balljoints
2x Moog sway bar links
2x CV axles
Sway bar bushings
Rad cap
Thermostat
Diff Cover gasket
Fuel filter
Transfercase output shaft seal
passenger window motor
brake rotors
brake pads
driver/passenger outside door handles.... :)

oh, and two new moog wheel bearings.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont use a gasket on the diff Cover. Clean the cover and diff and RTV black it. Gaskets will leak.

haggus99

Reaction score
Ordered the 2" bodylift a few minutes ago.... :)

Got a line on a set of 33x12.5 R15 Super Swamper TSLs, on 15" Eagle Alloys, 8-hole type, chromies. $800....
With a 5th rim

You have 8 bolt on the Z71 I thought most of those trucks were 6 bolt. Anyway I did the same job on my front end this winter get your self a ball joint press my upper lowers were pressed in. I had the garage press in my control arm bushings as I don't have access to a press close by and wasn't going to drive 45 min to use one. Couple other pieces to change while you got it all apart is the brake line hoses they swell a little bit over time. The front bearings are a ***** the lug nuts are press fitted through the bearing hub the ABS sensors attach to them. I recommend new calipers as well 20 bucks after core at Lordco. New rotors and pads are cheap I used DELCO parts for all mine. It cost me a small fortune to buy it all here in Can but since time was important I just swallowed the bill. One more thing buy the tie rod end connector as well mine were not worth re-using and will make setting up the alignment a lot less painful.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
You have 8 bolt on the Z71 I thought most of those trucks were 6 bolt. Anyway I did the same job on my front end this winter get your self a ball joint press my upper lowers were pressed in. I had the garage press in my control arm bushings as I don't have access to a press close by and wasn't going to drive 45 min to use one. Couple other pieces to change while you got it all apart is the brake line hoses they swell a little bit over time. The front bearings are a ***** the lug nuts are press fitted through the bearing hub the ABS sensors attach to them. I recommend new calipers as well 20 bucks after core at Lordco. New rotors and pads are cheap I used DELCO parts for all mine. It cost me a small fortune to buy it all here in Can but since time was important I just swallowed the bill. One more thing buy the tie rod end connector as well mine were not worth re-using and will make setting up the alignment a lot less painful.

It's a 6 lug, sorry, I meant the rim has 8 holes, like so,

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/16-X-8-AMERICAN-EAGLE-ALLOYS-STYLE-186-CHROME-WHEELS-RIMS-16-INCH-/22/!B7TN,c!Bmk~$(KGrHqZ,!i4EzM9MHYg0BMz))0l,,g~~-1_35.JPG

My tie rod ends are still in great shape, so I'll reuse them. Maybe 10k kilometres on em.
I refuse to go to Lordco any more unless I am stranded. They wanted $225 for a CV axle.. Rockauto.com was $45
I definitely forgot to order some calipers, and the brake lines slipped my mind.
I'll get the ball joint press.. did you buy one or rent one?

haggus99

Reaction score
I bought my ball joint at KMS Tools for like 90.00. There are some really good videos out there on how to do this.