94 Suburban rear vents issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure that would be an indicator. My '97 Suburban has rear heat and A/C, and it has a panel that looks pretty much just like the one in the front. Little blend knob for hot/cold and everything.

Thanks! Maybe my rear quarter windows are leaking like the other post. I guess I'm gonna go home and smell the carpet in my truck. lol

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I believe the burbs with heat have three knobs,without heat have two or is it the other way around,hm :shrug:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe the burbs with heat have three knobs,without heat have two or is it the other way around,hm :shrug:

My '97 has rear heat and a/c, it's got three knobs on the rear control. Not sure if the older trucks are the same..

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
My '97 has rear heat and a/c, it's got three knobs on the rear control. Not sure if the older trucks are the same..
After many times at a Pick-A-Part I saw only one suburban with just two knobs in the rear but I don't remember what they were.I would think those with two are rare or at least unusual,looked kind of strange though.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Close enough for government work!

Rear a/c, no heat:

You must be registered for see images attach

Rear a/c and heat with the third knob for hot/cold blend:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was under the truck over the weekend and can definitively say that it has rear A/C, those were the only lines I saw, no coolant lines. Between the knob on the console, the lack of coolant lines, and the fact that the carpet doesn't smell like coolant, I think it's safe to say my truck does not have rear heat, and, therefore does not have a leaky heater core. Now I just have to figure out where the water is coming in from. Thanks for your input guys!