94 K1500 Converting from Propane to Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Around here, Propane pricing varies wildly with the seasons: Cheapest in summer, most expensive in winter.

I make a single purchase each year, 700--800 gallons for home heating. About $1.00--1.10 per gallon in summer, $1.50+ in winter. This is delivered to my home and "installed" in the big white tank.

A year ago there was a propane shortage, we had a very wet fall, farmers were burning propane like mad to dry their crops. Price went crazy high.

Years ago, propane shortage had prices over $4/gallon. I don't know why. I wasn't buying any at that time.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got 2 other K1500s, a 88 k1500 and a 89k1500. The 89 has a stout 400 in it and the 88 is all orginal with 109k miles. Just like these body style trucks and that 94 is clean, be a good addition to the other two.

I found a article browsing around on the web and do believe this truck still has the TBI and all the wiring and stuff to still run gas. This impco kit in the article looks similar to the pic he sent me. https://www.rasoenterprises.com/propane/35-conversions/53-dual-fuel-tbi

I skim read the article and it looks to be what is on the truck and a reasonably sophisticated bit of kit reading from O2 sensors so MPG should be good.

Where it differs from mine (I think) is the metering part (mixer) seems to have its own throttle valve (held open for gasoline operation) where my system has a mixer and air control is via the GM throttle valve. Primary mixture adjustment is via settings on the vapouriser and then tweaked on the fly with an actuator valve in the propane feed line driven by a separate ECU reading from O2 sensors and TPS signal. The Impco set up does the same I suspect but within its mixer.
More to the point though - it seems to have all the gasoline hardware (with the possible exception of the tank and sender if current owner is correct) intact so it will run on either fuel.
Keep us posted!