94 engine issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off I have a 383 stroker 9.5 compression, 12-388-4 can, and holley 670 TBI. I have installed new 02 sensor, tips, IAC, distributer, cap and rotor, plugs, egr vacuum sensor, and ignition module.

When engine is cold, it runs pretty good, but once it heats up it has a bad hesitation under 2k rpms, it will also pulse while trying to accelerate, and when you come to a stop, the rpms drop down to stall speed and once in a while it will even die and not throw a check engine light. I set the timing at 10° advanced and I almost passed emissions. At idle its pulling about 20-21 inches of vacuum. And the other day after it died on me I restarted it and put it to the floor and it through a code for map sensor/ low voltage, but hasn't thrown it since. I know the air/ fuel mixture isn't perfect yet and timing might still need work, but any ideas?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Have you tried plug wires? Mine surged when under acceleration and it was the plug wires.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plug wires are good. Only 3 yes old and maybe 40k miles on them. Plus they're Taylor thunderbolt wires.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Have you replaced the temp sensor on the front of the intake? They will go bad out of the blue and when the truck warms up the truck will fall flat on its face.

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes replaced that in July. Is there such a thing of having too much vacuum?

philv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No. I was told this can runs on a factory chip. But I asked my boss for an advance so I can get bit dyno tuned to see if that fixes it.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
No. I was told this can runs on a factory chip. But I asked my boss for an advance so I can get bit dyno tuned to see if that fixes it.

Yeah but, its bored, stroked, and a different TBI. I would consider a tune.

Sent from Robl@and!