94 C3500 350 Basket Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was a 6.5 I'd be more confident. Haven't had a gasser older than 02 since 07. Bought my 94 6.5 in 05 but been in the family since new.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You've already established the fuel pressure is very low... replace the fuel pump.....

sent from what use to be a great country...

I know to buy AC Delco only but this being a cab and chassis is there any different pump/tank options to be aware of? This has a the rear tank only and I've ran out of gas at 25 gallons 3 times but it only lists a 31 gallon tank on rock auto.

Another thing I want to look into is replacing the fuel pump harness but haven't had any luck looking it up.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pumps themselves are the same if I remember right... what changes is the sending unit.. only way to get a new harness if to get a new sending unit.....

Loydw

Reaction score
The psi's have it. 6-8 at idle, 2 psi foot to the floor, my wire harness is faded but I have one wire at 13.5v (greenish), one at 6v (yellowish) and 2 seem to be grounds. Does this sound right for voltage?
If this is the fuel pressure it is way too low should be 10-13 psi at all times. Are the fuel lines rusted? if so pin holes is a very good possiblity. Good Luck

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How long is the pigtail on the new sending unit?
Usually 6 to 12 inches.. Go to the parts store... if they have one look at it.. if not, have them order one... order the pump and the sending unit at the same time and just get it done... oh and do NOT forget to get the fuel pump strainer aswell...