94 C3500 350 Basket Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll order on Rockauto, do I need a lock ring or seals?

Lines look new, we don't rust quite that bad down here. My thought on pin holes was inside the tank from sitting for quite a few years.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should come with a new oring... yes, best to get lock ring to just on case....

sent from what use to be a great country...

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it worth going to a 454 pump?

I am building a 383 with vortec heads to drop in this spring. It will be a towing oriented build not a race build.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No its not to high.... the fpr will keep it where of needs to be.... I've run them in all my gmt400 tbi trucks and so have many others with no issues....

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to sound rude but... you REALLY need to read through the stickies in the same section you posted this question in... ALL this has been covered hundreds of times...

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't see anything posted about fuel pumps. I read about TBI mods and other info about holley pumps etc. I've read in other places about the 454 pump being better but I like to double check my info.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Found a spot in a sticky that mentions a TPI pump, I previously didn't see that part.

What is better, a TPI pump or vortec pump.

I'm asking a lot of questions because I only want to do this once and pick the right parts as well as get this truck running right.