93 k1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok im hoping i can post in here for a project because i prefer feed back over only me in the thread, and im choosing gmt400 over any other forum at this point for my build thread because in my opinion every other forum kind of fell off for the 88-98 trucks. this is the start of my long going project (still thinking of a name..) it is a 93 k1500 ext cab with a 350 bored .60 over, cammed, shaved heads, flat top pistons and headman headers, 4" suspension lift and 3" body lift on 35/12.50 R15 wheels. the first pictures are of as it sits now all cleaned up not yet showing what ive done to it. when i first got the truck it needed some brake work and had a few hidden suprises. everything ive had to do so far is rotors, driver side front brake line off of the T, wheel hub, cv axles, full fuel system clean, full tune up and a tranny flush and filter change.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
now for the work ive done.. i added the 79 oem hood emblem i had on my old 88 (black betty) i really wished they would have carried them on these trucks. then as a need for me personaly i added a dual usb charging port wired into my courtisey fuse for full time power to be able to charge my e-cigarette, then audio i got a new pioneer head unit with a ground loop isolater to remove the engine interference on my amp, the amp is a 600W boss audio 2 channel amp powering two 10" boss D10 800W subs in a sealed down fire box with a poly fill and they sound amazing, and as you can see in the first pictures i added the memorial decal of a old family friend, and the mud flap girls on the tailgate, then ontop of it a very nice suprise when i was organizing the dealer book, it has the original window sticker from when it was brand new on the gm lot

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is the rough list i have for it at this point, ill be refining more as i get further
Suspension/Drivetrain
SAS swap
Corporate 10/Dana 44 front and rear (73-87 k10 donor)
Dual shock hoops
NP208 pass. Drop transfer case
Dual steering stabalizers
Rear shackle flip?
7-8” net lift
35-37” tires (mickey Thompson baja claws)
Refurbish American racing hot wheel rims
Fresh built 350 bored .60 over mild cam (tbi or carb?)
Hooker long tube headers
True dual straight pipe exhaust/ Cherry bomb glass packs
4L60E trans/TH400 with B&M shift kit
Rhino line frame/axles/under body/engine bay
Chrome/Stainless steel accents
Dual rear shocks
Ladder bars?

Exterior/Body
Lighted visor
Razor back
2-4” Cowl hood
Nerf bars
Bed rails
Rhino lined bed
Diamond plate tail gate cover
Reflective window tint
Dark metallic gun metal silver/black
Accented pin striping

Interior
Re-dyed fabrics black (seats/headliner/carpet/door panels)
Brushed aluminum trim/accenting
3 gauge A-pillar cluster (oil pressure/trans. Temp/?)

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Consider regearing those axles. And a rear shackle flip is a good idea unless you buy deaver leafs that are meant for a 7+ in lift.

And personally i think a carbd 350 would be sweet

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with the axles, i was planning on cleaning them up good but i dont know much about gear ratios, what would be the best for it? im not doing anything hardcore, just dd, light off roading and towing (mainly a car trailer) and as far as the sas goes im thinking my budget isnt going to be the best so i was thinking about running the stock square body leafs to keep it stockish till i do get my lift springs. and i keep going rounds with my self on that one, carb motors are easier and cheaper to do preformance builds on, than the tbi starts the first time every time especialy in winter, ive never had a carb that didnt take a few runs to start. if i were to go the carbed route what would i do about anything that still needs to be controlled by the computer?

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if its going to be a dd forget the carbd idea. Just run that tbi till it dies. With 7inches of lift i figured it would be a toy. Gears in the new axles would be good at 4.56 ish because it leaves you room for 37s.