93 350 TBI - Does it have a crankshaft position sensor - or just a camshaft position?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Just for my own edification - does a 93 TBI 350 have a crank position sensor, and if so, does anyone have a photograph of the location? If not, does it just reference the camshaft position (IE the wonky sort-of-distributor) for ignition/fuel pulse timing?

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
If it has neither, how does it get a TDC reference for the ECU? The distributor (ish) feeds the ECM TDC signals for injector timing? If so, it would be acting as a camshaft position sensor, right?

Last edited:

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
So, does it trigger from a signal originating in the distributor?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC it has something to do with the relucter ring in the distributor under the rotor

Sent from somewhere in MN

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
the icm and all the stuff inside the distributor act as your position sensors

I appreciate your help, but I'm kind-of looking for specifics. IE does the ICM send a pulse trigger to the ECM, or is there a discrete hall sensor in the distributor for the fuel-injection, etc..

The wiring schematic kind of looks like the ignition module does it, but I'm just making sure.