92gmcsierra's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got this 1994 Sierra k1500 about three months ago and have been doing a few mods here and there. Pictures are from the oldest to the most recent. Feel free to give your opinions and suggestions.

When I first got her.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tinted taillights, Auxiliary reverse lights, Custom mud flaps, Chest toolbox, DeeZee diamond plate bed caps, and Tinted windows (limo on back three, and 20% on the front two)

LMC Truck moldings stainless steal rocker panels and billet grill, 20" American Racing motto wheels on Cooper H/T tires.

Also, installed:
Aftermarket stereo
Flowmasters 40series exhaust system

More to come!!

Here is a view we all see way to much. Only downfall to driving a pickup..

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Love that the first thing you did was Degrandpa the truck, but the chrome rockers, that was a bad idea. :imo:

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love that the first thing you did was Degrandpa the truck, but the chrome rockers, that was a bad idea. :imo:

Funny thing is that it was my Grandpa's truck. And why are the stainless steel rocker panels a bad idea?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
i agree with Jack, bad idea on chrome rockers IMO, they collect dust and moisture and ruin the paint and also promote rust, same as the chrome fender trim, looks good tho

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, I like the improvements and that your keeping it in the family. I have to agree with the others about the chrome trim though

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Another guy who got his truck form his grandpa :)
Welcome aboard man!

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got lucky! I know it was taken care of and it does not even have 60,000 miles yet!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Wow! you are lucky. Mine had 71 or 72 thousand and has about 50 miles until 82k miles lol! What are the plans you have for the truck?

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! you are lucky. Mine had 71 or 72 thousand and has about 50 miles until 82k miles lol! What are the plans you have for the truck?

That's what I joined this site was for more ideas on what to do. But a few things I have been debating on are a body lift (not sure how hard it would be with a 4x4, 5 speed), bull bar, maybe a 95-98 dash swap with a manual to automatic door and window conversion as well. I have black marker lights coming in on Wednesday, and might tint the bumper turn signals as well. I am in college, so I am definitely on a budget. Would like to hear of any other mods from other members??

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm guessing 2wd? You could get the RC 4" Spindle lift and some 32" tires... If 4x4, a 6" RCX or block and crank to level would look good too