92 Power mirror switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
Did the 92 k1500s ever have power side mirrors? I replaced the mirrors on my truck with newer style power mirrors years ago and never wired them up. I was hoping to find a switch that would fit in the dash on one of the punch out holes.

If there isnt a factory option, does anyone have a clean option for adding a switch? Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
On the SUV's, yes, 1992-1994 have the armrest/switch setup you need. Problem is if it comes from a 4 door SUV then you'll have to do some tricks with the window and lock wiring to make it work on a 2 door, and the door panels/armrests also need some extra slot-shaped holes cut into the inner door skin for them to clip in (or just get the inner skin from the donor SUV.)

There were some 1992-1994 pickups with power mirrors but they were super rare, and used the SUV style parts I just described, of course with just the positions for 2 window switches. And I do mean super rare...would be easier to find a 2 door Tahoe to get the parts from.

Richard