92 c1500 stalling!! Please help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsw912

Reaction score
I have a 92 c1500 5.7 tbi. The truck runs great but if you floor it from a dead stop in will almost die at 3 grand and then pick back up. Its a real smooth shut down. Feels like the fuel was just cut off or something. I have already replaced a fuel pump, fuel filter, new plugs, new dis cap and rotor. I don't know where to go from here. It seems to be a simple fix but i don't know. Any help you guys can offer will be of great help. Thanks!!

94.Sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first thought would be fuel filter, but you said you already replaced it. What about fuel lines could anything of got in them?Maybe something is in the lines restricting the fuel causing it to stall? Somebody around here will have the answer for you

rsw912

Reaction score
its crazy it runs great but under hard acceleration is stall out really bad!!! No if you on dirt road or power brake it. It won't do it. Its only when truck is under load going down road.

rsw912

Reaction score
And just went and looked and the truck has true flowmaster duel exhaust. The cats have been cut off. I live in ga so there are no emissions!

rsw912

Reaction score
south ga. Im in claxton ga. im a hour west of savannah ga. I could meet you half way if your close. Thanks for the help.

rsw912

Reaction score
oh wow your all the way across the state. well if you get this way let me know.