92 4.3/5 spd gauge cluster swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MtnMan4x

Reaction score
I have a 92 5 spd 4.3 and am looking for a cluster with a tach....finding an auto cluster on ebay....will that work? Mine has the window for the gear indicator, but it isn't there. My water temp gauge is low left, this one is top center. I haven't found a definitive answer in my search. I have the needle type cluster now but is has a shift light versus a tach, and my trip meter doesn't work are reasons for wanting to do the swap.

TIA for any help

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it is a pretty direct swap, the connector is wired so that the tach cluster will plug right in. HOWEVER, make sure you get a cluster from a V6 truck, otherwise the tach won't work. As for the gear indicator, I think you can swap the cover for it over and just make sure there is a bulb for the shift light.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I covered the PRNDL in Frank with a piece of tape and a black magic marker. You can see it's covered but it's not very noticeable unless you are looking for it.

I want to put a gear indicator in it's place eventually.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
It's a direct swap as long as you're replacing the v6 cluster with another v6 cluster. Two screws hold in the part that shows the gear shift indicator, easy swap. Pretty sure you can even swap the odometer over.