'91 C1500 5.7L, Extra Oil Port?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I have a set of aftermarket gauges I've ran to monitor things more closely (Trans temp, oil pressure and voltmeter). All electric. I'm looking for a spot on the engine for the oil pressure sender that doesn't replace the one near the distributor in order to keep everything kosher with the PCM. Currently it's pegged out all the time (yes I intend to replace it when I'm more confident I won't destroy more stuff trying to dig back there i.e. screwing up my timing by removing/reinstalling the distributor itself) so I'd like to find another port to run off of.

Any ideas?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 5.7L I'm building for my '88 K1500 will get a brass pipe-thread "Tee" in the port beside the distributor. You could do the same. One branch of the tee will be used for the switch that bypasses the fuel pump relay, and the other branch of the tee is for an aftermarket accessory.

There's a port above the oil filter, but my '88 uses that port and an extension/adapter for the sending unit that drives the dash gauge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adam0632