91 5.7 TBI to Carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1500 gramnolds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did that trans swap on an older chevy I had. It IS a direct fit. Make sure you adjust the T.V. cable correctly with your throttle linkage, along with the correct brackets, otherwise your shift points will be messed up.

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so ill keep the 700r4 in it get it rebuilt or buy a rebuilt one so i still have OD ,if i get that tc lock up and tv cable thingy i can rip all the wires out right to motor and trans im gonna be making a dash with autometer gauges so thats not an issue. any thing else i should know?

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What else is involved with the carb conversion on the motor end? I really want to do this conversion also but I have a 5 speed so I should be set in that department.

To the original poster, how is your conversion going and where are you at with it? What parts are you using on the motor?

Thanks

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
What else is involved with the carb conversion on the motor end? I really want to do this conversion also but I have a 5 speed so I should be set in that department.

To the original poster, how is your conversion going and where are you at with it? What parts are you using on the motor?

Thanks

Intake, Carb, Old School HEI, throttle bracket. That's it.

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now is there a way to keep my stock alternator it's hooked up but wont charge the battery

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
should just be 1 wire and the battery cable. The wire goes to your charge dash light.

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
carb swap is done got alot of cleaning up to do with all the wires thats left over and i dont need but if is running and driving. carb swap was easy one wire literally gets the motor running. i kept the 700r4 and its going good for now.