90 5.7 randomly dies but starts right back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just traded off a truck for a 90 step side the supposedly has a 93+ 350. But going down the highway it just randomly dies then will start back ~30 seconds after.
The guy whent through the hole ignition sysem. And it didn't fix it.
What could be causing this? If its electrical, then were should I start?

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Have you check your ground points? Checked the battery connections for looseness or corrosion?

Are you having to crank on the starter for the whole 30 seconds?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
many things it could be. to me it sort of sounds like ICM ignition control module its getting hot and failing then cooling down a little and working. Its very hard to say without seeing it in person. Check your fuel pressure.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed the whole distributor and now it won't start. The new distributor's rotor was pointing in the same direction and now I don't have spark past the coil wire and no injector fire swapped the old ICM back on and same problem.
Is there a diagram some were I can check continuity for the ICM connectors?

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped the old dizzy back on, with a ankther new ICM , coil and event ahead and put a new ring terminal on and so far the problem is gone.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie