89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The boy and I spent a couple of hours in the garage tonight and finished mounting the rear brake line and taillight wiring inside the frame.

Then we got the fuel tank mounted. I found a roll of 1” rubber at Summit and we isolated the tank at the crossmembers and where it sits in the plastic protector. Turned out nice and solid. Also used new straps and hardware from everyone’s favorite, Dorman, to mount it.

Next up is to clean up the firewall and then start building the 383.

You must be registered for see images attach

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still messing with the fuel and brake lines etc. in the frame rail, but you guys get the picture. Should have the tank in tomorrow.

If you face upstate NY and listen carefully you should be able to hear my sincere golf clap in your general direction
for your using adel clamps to secure your lines. (adel clamps)

Both tidy and proven good in 9g environments. I would ride in this vehicle worry free. :0)

Nice. Tasty understated overkill. :waytogo:

You keep moving the goalposts for what I would like to do to the chore truck,
and I officially consider this build thread to be a bad influence on yours truly. :0)

Well played. Brings back a lot of fond memories...

Last edited: