88 firebird throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure if anyone knows, but from what i seen their different
but am trying to sell an 89 1500 350 throttle body, the guy has an 88 firebird 305, not sure if he just need the gasline fitting on back or the whole thing, is any of that compatible
looks like a complely different throttle body from the pics ive found

edit, looking more, firebird is tpi, not tbi right, he wants the whole thing, says he needs tbi, guess he swapped intake, wonder if theres any benifit over the stock one? or would he rather have my 454 throttle body, not like i wnat to sell it, but thats off a 93 i think

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the differences between the truck and firebird but as far as the fire bird goes they came with either tbi or tpi factory, depending upon the package you got

Sent from my static android

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, just didnt want to go drop it off and have the guy wonder what it was

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
like I said I'm not sure of the differences between the truck tbi or firebird tbi.... but I will say I used a truck intake manifold on my Camaro with no issues, direct bolt on swap from the junkyard

Sent from my static android

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they are the same. Camaro and firebird guys use the edelbrock truck intake for there cars. The tbi units are the same.