88-98 HI-4 Headlight relay kit NEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Actually you don't have to install this behind the bumper light. I did mine under the hood, next to the 'Big Fuse' fuse box. When the relay died, it was super easy to replace.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Actually you don't have to install this behind the bumper light. I did mine under the hood, next to the 'Big Fuse' fuse box. When the relay died, it was super easy to replace.

Thats actually what I wanted to do but theres like 4 other things hooked up that fuse box so this one got installed on the passenger side next to the battery

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As have I. I have 3 trailers right now and all the lights have the blue press on connectors. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them, I just didn't want to dignify his demeaning post by retaliating. Kind of irritating when a super noob tries to foul up someone's thread.

Chances are they aren't a super noob, but a sock puppet of someone else perhaps?... Anyway, back to the thread....

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really guys? You are going to get bent out of shape because I called some blue connectors some POS? Grow up. I have been on forums for 15 years now so your comment about me being a noob are wrong. I have been around this hobby longer then some have been driving here and I know based off of first hand experience both by mysef when I was younger and now in the shop that those blue crimp style connectors are junk. All crimp style connectors are junk and do not hold up over time. Time is over 5 years not 5 months. Work on a car/truck that an owner has used these on a long time ago and you will see how bad they are.

There is no excuse not to solder. if you dont know how to do it then learn. My previous post was not meant to demean the maker of the harness. He understands that not everyone can solder and not everyone is either willing to learn or just dont want to spend the money on the proper equipment to do it. Therefore, he supplies the connectors for the average joe.

If anyone here has a pesonal problem with my statements in this thread then feel free to PM. Tony , that goes for you too since you think your some senior member here or something with a join date of OCT of this year. Same goes for you Tempted witha join date that is the SAME as mine. HAHAHAHA

Last edited:

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Really guys? You are going to get bent out of shape because I called some blue connectors some POS? Grow up. I have been on forums for 15 years now so your comment about me being a noob are wrong. I have been around this hobby longer then some have been driving here and I know based off of first hand experience both by mysef when I was younger and now in the shop that those blue crimp style connectors are junk. All crimp style connectors are junk and do not hold up over time. Time is over 5 years not 5 months. Work on a car/truck that an owner has used these on a long time ago and you will see how bad they are.

There is no excuse not to solder. if you dont know how to do it then learn. My previous post was not meant to demean the maker of the harness. He understands that not everyone can solder and not everyone is either willing to learn or just dont want to spend the money on the proper equipment to do it. Therefore, he supplies the connectors for the average joe.

If anyone here has a pesonal problem with my statements in this thread then feel free to PM. Tony , that goes for you too since you think your some senior member here or something with a join date of OCT of this year. Same goes for you Tempted witha join date that is the SAME as mine. HAHAHAHA

Judging by this comment you clearly have soldering equipment and know how to solder, so if youre interested you might as well buy a kit, take an hour out of your day and enjoy the time spent working on your truck! :waytogo:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply guys! I was out of town and didn't have access to the internet this weekend!

Finally found some time to install, but it rained the entire time haha.
Very satisfied! Thanks for this useful mod!

Thank you very much for posting pictures Kevin, glad I could help!! :cheers:

What is this soldering? I thought the kit was a 'plug and play' deal?

Soldering is always reccommended, but as stated in the original post it does also include the scotchlock connectors for ease of installation. It's a matter of personal preferance, either way is going to work good for this! It is "plug n' play" as installation usually takes no more then 20-30 minutes start to finish! I include everything you need to install it!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for everyones input, and if anyone has any questions what so ever. Please feel free to post in here or shoot me a PM! Thank you guys! :cheers:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LIES!!! I know you were really out fishing! :evillol:

:lol: I wish!! This time of year suck for fishing, the lake is froze over so you can't open water fish in a boat, and the ice isn't thick enough to put my fish house out yet! So from mid-november to late december there isn't much fishing to be done lol

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Get a "duck"(vehicle/boat)....drive it on the ice, the weight will break the ice, then you have open water fishing. :p