88-98 HI-4 Headlight relay kit NEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Finally found some time to install, but it rained the entire time haha.

Before soldering in the brown and green wires
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, I was soldering under an umbrella

After soldering, shrink tubing, and retaping

Everything put back together: low beams

High beams:

Very satisfied! Thanks for this useful mod!

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
He included some press on wire connectors(the little blue things) so you don't have to solder if you don't want to. Soldering just makes it look a touch cleaner and more "factory".

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He included some press on wire connectors(the little blue things) so you don't have to solder if you don't want to. Soldering just makes it look a touch cleaner and more "factory".

Soldering or using those POS wire connectors is not plug and play

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score

This ^. Im studying electrical/mechanical engineering and I love to solder whenever I get the chance.

Soldering or using those POS wire connectors is not plug and play

You most certainly dont need to solder anything, I just did out of personal preference. Also those blue splice connectors work very well. And yes, the kit is plug and play, sure you have to unscrew 4 screws to take out your parking light, and clip 2 wires together, but is that really such an inconvenience for such a positive result?
This kit is well worth the money.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with those blue wire splicers, I use them all the time if I need to.

As have I. I have 3 trailers right now and all the lights have the blue press on connectors. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them, I just didn't want to dignify his demeaning post by retaliating. Kind of irritating when a super noob tries to foul up someone's thread.