88-94 3" BL automatic transmission linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I ordered rear bumper brackets because in person it looks awfull! Way bigger gap than I thought! And its just straight up ugly looking. I'll make a write up for 88-94 owners with all my issues and the fixes in it to help people out.

You could have modified the stock ones, very easy!

ryandrews123

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 on the notching of the lift puck to clear that rivet. That's what i did to get mine to fit. when I put my rear bumper lift bracket on I left all the bolts loose and used a floor jack to have the bumper sit where I liked it then tightened all the bolts.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
You could have modified the stock ones, very easy!

How exactly? I have seen it done, but they weren't bolted on properly.
I can always return the brackets they are in shipping right now. Did you flip them or make plates similar to the front brackets to raise it?

I would like to see some pics of the finished modified bumper brackets. Does it bring it back to factory gap? Or just close? I want it to be strong and factory looking. Thanks for your help!

I just read your build thread, very nice! I don't really feel like welding my bumper brackets, so I'll probably just keep the PA brackets I ordered.

As for that rivet, I am just going to grind it off and weld for the hell of it. In my mind it's safer and cleaner that way. I know it sounds crazy. Thanks for the help again!!

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
A gap guard on the rear usually has a cleaner appearance than a relocated bumper. If you move the bumper, the receiver, spare tire, and exhaust still stick out from under it. All the body lifts i have ever done, we moved the front bumper and gap guarded under the tail gate with a piece of conveyor belt.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yeah I have seen people do that and use diamond plate I guess its just not my style. My tail pipe is infront of my rear wheel and it was already mounted fairly high so it doesn't look bad. As for the tow hitch I hear a suburban one works with body lifts? I would rather have the hitch gap than the tailgate gap. Its just my preference I guess, but thanks for the ideas!

98_k1500

Reaction score
I have seen hitches cut down both sides and moved up. I know a blazer/tahoe hitch will not fit. The frame rails are further apart on them for the rear mounted fuel tank. Not sure about a suburban. With some basic fab skills anything will work tho. I put a factory 98 z71 hitch under a ford ranger for my cousin. With a torch and a welder, anything will fit. Its just a matter of what you want and how nice you can make it look.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yeah I'm starting to enjoy fabricating stuff now, I recently bought myself a torch that uses MAP gas and propane. Now I'm looking at the kit so you can run oxygen with MAP. I'm still learning, not 100% sure what you can do with with gas mix yet!

98_k1500

Reaction score
Good lookin truck btw... Should be awesome when its finished. You sound alot like me, Its never really ''finished''. Always improvements to be made.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Good lookin truck btw... Should be awesome when its finished. You sound alot like me, Its never really ''finished''. Always improvements to be made.

Thank you! Yeah Im a lot like you I can't leave anything alone. I thought I was almost done but I just can't stop the mod addiction!

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The suv hitches do fit ive seen it done and putting a filler in between the bumper and tailgate looks aweful imo, moving up the bumper looks 100% better

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Last edited: