77-79 dana 44 hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes indeed i wanted to go to leafs because im not use to coils but it seems all of you say coils ride better and are easier to do since mine is a coil sprung axle and yes the 78-79 dana 44 have the radius arm mount welded to the tubes and the tubes are pressed in on both ends and jps4jeep i cant seem to find your build..... thanks guys i would still like to seem some of our trucks with coils from members if at all possible

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
79 hp44 coilover conversion
You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
it was a freinds truck we all miss it. we all helped build it i wasnt there for that but IIRC its stock f250 mounts modified to fit and stock radius arms cut on the ends and the center sections were lenghtened.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
it was a freinds truck we all miss it. we all helped build it i wasnt there for that but IIRC its stock f250 mounts modified to fit and stock radius arms cut on the ends and the center sections were lenghtened.

I wonder if the coil buckets of a 2wd would be the same width, I doubt I could get that lucky. I know where 3 coil sprung Dana 44's are I could have for free... I could SAS my 97. I have a np205 transfer case also.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Send one of.them my way. Everyone says they are weaker but in my.opinion if you wanted stregth you.should opt for a 60 in the first place

Well I'm sure there stronger than ifs. I'll try to get some measurements soon to see if the 2wd coil buckets are even close.