700R4 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamikatsu

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner Robins GA (South of Atlanta 1.5 Hr)
ok my truck has a 700r4...

on the drivers side, rear side of it, their is an electrical plug, (Torque converter lockup i'm guessing?). well i have a steady leak from it, if i park pointing uphill.... i pulled on the thing, and it came pretty much right out. covered in fluid. their are 3 prongs on the underside of it, and i'm assuming they are supposed to plug into something inside the trans. I stuck my finger inside the hole, and nothing... it went straight into fluid as far as i could stick it in (2-3 inches). did my plug pop down into the pan? what do you guys think. it feels like my trans shifts hard into reverse, and 1st to 2nd... but after that smooth as butter. WTF?

Ed.

Gamikatsu

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner Robins GA (South of Atlanta 1.5 Hr)
ok well i just got p!$$ed at it, and ripped the pan off, (gasket was 4 bucks). i cleaned the outside, and was able to cleanly capture all the oil into a clean cooler, what i found on the inside was... for one, very clean looking insides... made me happy... however.... two inch wires sticking off hte solenoid to what i'm assuming is the Torque Converter control thingymagig. put 12v to the solenoid and OH SNAP IT WORKS JUST FINE.... so someone at some point ripped the wiring out... lovely. so i used a female spade connector connected to one of the pins sticking down from the electrical connector, and crimped a short piece of wire into the pan, routed it smartly (god i hope) and connected it to the solenoid. i grounded the solenoid to one of the valve body screws using a round hole spade... if that makes sense. ran the wiring into cab to a toggle switch... so for NOW... i'm going to see how that goes... i'l take it on a probably 10 minute drive tomorrow at 65 in OD and see how it goes.... will keep you guys up to date on how it goes. if anyone could shed some light on manually using the TCC like this, it would be greatly appreciated.