6x9 speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what's your 1st impressions on the new Alpine speakers?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
So what's your 1st impressions on the new Alpine speakers?

I haven't gotten the 4x6's yet, but I like the fronts (SPS-600) a lot. I did lose a little bass when I swapped them out for the stock speakers, but my subs fill in nicely now. They are very clear and crisp though and IMO they are great for the country and rock I mostly listen to .

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. So you really lost some mid-bass compared to the stock speakers?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Nice. So you really lost some mid-bass compared to the stock speakers?

I'm by no means an audio expert, but to my untrained ear that's what it sounded like...They can still put out good mid-bass but I just had to adjust the EQ. Also they are just being run off the stock headunit, and I've heard they sound even better when amped

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure amping them would really wake them up. Also, deadening the doors will help with the mid-bass. Truck is looking good BTW.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Hopefully I can install an aftermarket headunit and amp this summer. Thanks for the compliment man

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
So here are the pics I promised.

Step 1:
You must be registered for see images attach

Step2:

Step3:

With the right tools this was a fairly simple and quick process. I highly suggest using a deemed for the plastic and a air mini reciprocating saw for the metal. They are a huge improvement over the stock 4x6. Any one need help just ask

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They most definitely will do better amped. They were made to utilize a heck of a lot more power than your head unit can deliver. Only thing keeping me from getting some components for the front is that I really do not want to go cutting up perfectly good door panels. Might try the kick panel route, but with my luck I'll put my foot through the speaker...

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice job. Looks like you had some decent kenwood 4"x6" speakers in there already. You didn't like those?