6x9 speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine was cleaning out some boxes and came across his brand new pair of MB Quart 6x9s that he never installed. They are the same color and series as my MB Quart 6s I has in the door so he sold them to me for $60. I wanted to install them but I know one the rear of the truck is all plastic liner and two the stock rears are 4x6. My question is has anyone ever upgraded theirs to some 6x9s and how hard is it? I know some cutting will be required. Thanks in advance

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to do this with some Alpine type R 6x9s I got for free but the mounting depth is too deep. It could be done but you have to mount them out side the plastic. I ended up just cutting my doors and fabbing up some brackets to mount them in my doors.I'm sure it'd be pretty easy as long as you dont mind seeing the speakers in the rear and cutting up the plastic as well.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I already figured that and they come with the screens that match the front. I checked you tube videos but nothing in a OBS truck. Once I figure it out I'll take pics

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
That is the exact help I was looking for. Thanks for that link. Now i can finally start this project on my next day off. Thanks T Dog!