6BT swap for Old Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capone1050

Reaction score
A lot of good info here. Thanks.

Another question is brackets. I’m looking to keep my A/C and also run an engine driven compressor. I think this might be a tall order.
I just completed 12v Ppump swap into 1994 C3500. Its a tight fit my friend but not that bad.
you have to cut brackets off no 1 xmember and fab engine mounts that get cummins oil pan 1/2 - 3/4 in from xmember.
Then with cyl head installed slide engine back until it touches firewall. And even then you have to choose between mech fan OR innercooler. because I dont believe there is enough room for AC, innercooler, and mech fan. Trucks are short in the nose.
Install the tunnel ram intake plate to make intake tube fit. Because its very tight fit over by master cyl also (if hydboost truck).
On my truck, I commited to the 2nd gen dodge turbo /AC setup. Soo, that req cutting firewall 3.5 in to move everything back. This does at least couple things for you. Dodge AC compressor now cleared idler arm and I can run big GM ac condenser, innercooler and dodge mech fan.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just completed 12v Ppump swap into 1994 C3500. Its a tight fit my friend but not that bad.
you have to cut brackets off no 1 xmember and fab engine mounts that get cummins oil pan 1/2 - 3/4 in from xmember.
Then with cyl head installed slide engine back until it touches firewall. And even then you have to choose between mech fan OR innercooler. because I dont believe there is enough room for AC, innercooler, and mech fan. Trucks are short in the nose.
Install the tunnel ram intake plate to make intake tube fit. Because its very tight fit over by master cyl also (if hydboost truck).
On my truck, I commited to the 2nd gen dodge turbo /AC setup. Soo, that req cutting firewall 3.5 in to move everything back. This does at least couple things for you. Dodge AC compressor now cleared idler arm and I can run big GM ac condenser, innercooler and dodge mech fan.
Thanks for sharing!

I can’t believe I posted this just over 4 years ago. I certainly had some big plans for my C1500…