64’ international scout resto-mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

We had to notch the fender for clearance. (IMO not so bad for a couple of guys that aren’t fabricators) The original brakes are 4 wheel drum with a small single chamber master cylinder. The disc brake conversion consists of k5 blazer calipers and a corvette master cylinder.

I’m teaching myself to paint, this is the second go in the engine bay. Pretty happy with it. It’s difficult for me to get good coverage without runs, with all the intricacies of the engine bay. The out side of the body should be easier, plus it will get days and days of wet sanding and buffing.

With the exception of the underside bottom of the bed floor, the entire underside is getting raptor liner along with the floor of the interior. These were rarely optioned with any floor coverings of any kind.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going through some of the earlier photos of this build. We had everything sand blasted. we were surprised to find so much weld slag still on the welds from the factory.
I’m guessing in 1964 they were stick welding by hand. Can any old guys verify? :Big Laugh:

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is some ugly bird **** welding on there, maybe the apprentice got to practice on that one.
All of our parts trucks are the same way lol
They definitely have an “equipment” vibe.
Maybe ugly, but it held for 58 years. I'm impressed it was fully boxed.
They are really stout, I’ve taken some basic alignment measurements on 2 separate frames and they are nearly identical and nearly stick straight. It’s cool to see these old rudimentary vehicles that were mostly rode hard and out away wet, in good shape considering.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of our parts trucks are the same way lol
They definitely have an “equipment” vibe.

They are really stout, I’ve taken some basic alignment measurements on 2 separate frames and they are nearly identical and nearly stick straight. It’s cool to see these old rudimentary vehicles that were mostly rode hard and out away wet, in good shape considering.
And virtually hand made!