6" Rcx causing driveline vibrations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I was looking at the lift blocks the other day when doing the brakes and it seemed the axle was to far back on the block.

What I don't understand is why nobody else on the inter webs seems to have this issue. I'll try and take a pic of the lift block tomorrow and see if anyone else thinks it's off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because no one on the internet cares to lift a truck properly and use tapered lift blocks, crappy u joints with horrible tolerances and try to get away with a stock driveshaft

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who said the truck has crappy u joints? The ujoint is just fine with zero play so it's not the issue.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also it's my belief that an engineered bolt on kit such as this one would be designed to keep the stock drive shafts. I haven't seen anyone yet talk about the need of a longer shaft for and obs Chevy lifted six inches unless it has the autotrac case then a new front shaft is recommended.

I pretty much have it narrowed down to the axle being off center of the block and will be corrected when I get to it.

Thanks for the input guys.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
when you lift something you should always get a new properly lengthened driveshaft and use untapered blocks, they use tapered one to keep stock driveshaft but its still pulled out too far, its a cheap way of making something work that isnt proper.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldn't the proper method be an all spring lift? As far as I have always known is blocks are the cheap way out.

And tapered blocks are also to keep the pinion angles in check.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, I fixed the driveshaft issue of sticking out to far.

Turned out that the bolt that holds the leaf spring pack together had sheared on both leaf packs! This truck must have had a rough past. Any ways the axle had to be moved forward about 1.5 inches to be on center.