6" Rcx causing driveline vibrations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a lifted suburban a few weeks ago and have been getting it caught up on a lot of past due maintenance. I'm having a drive line vibration and have it narrowed down to either the shaft being to short from the lift or the transfercase tail shaft bearing being worn.

Can anyone verify how much yoke is sticking out of their case with a similar lift?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I'll be putting on my superlift this week - I'll let you know once I am done if you haven't figured it out.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. Tomorrow I'll pull the driveshaft to see if it's the tailshaft

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can tell you right know that that is sticking out waaaayyyy to much.. you need a longer driveshaft...

sent from what use to be a great country...

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at the lift blocks the other day when doing the brakes and it seemed the axle was to far back on the block.

What I don't understand is why nobody else on the inter webs seems to have this issue. I'll try and take a pic of the lift block tomorrow and see if anyone else thinks it's off.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody with a similar lift have their driveshaft sticking out this much?

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the vibration all the time or only under throttle? if its all the time the most likely its not in your driveline. if it only under throttle then more then likely it is in your driveline. Before i did my SAS i had a 6in lift and the yoke stuck out a bit more but i dont think that much.

if your axle is sitting far back on the lift blocks then your center pin might be broke or rusted off. if not then you can get some ratio rites and move the axle foreward a inch. Does the tire sit center in the wheel well?

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a pretty familiar vibration that I have experienced on previous trucks that was usually the pinion bearing or u-joints. The pinion was nice and tight, and ujoint are good.

With the truck in neutral I can grab the front yoke and it has slack, I haven't had time to verify if it's the transfercase output shaft bearing or lack of spline engagement or both.

The rear wheels are further back in the wheel wells and the leaf pack bolt looks somewhat at an angle. So I'm willing to bet the axle needs to be moved forward.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is going to some slack in the transfer case. i would defintally take care of your problem with your leaf packs now and go from there.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you should only have about an inch sticking out of your case, with any lift you should get a new drivshaft, i bet if you pull your blocks out and use non tapered ones it wont even reach so id get non tapered or all leafs and then get one built so you dont have any opposing angles. that could be a source of vibration or you could be wearing out the output bearing and it could be whipping, otherwise cheap u joints, not straight driveshaft can cause a hell of alot of balance issues.