6" Pro Comp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC97

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 97 GMC 1500 Z71 and it has a 6" Pro Comp (part#K1048B) already installed. I was wondering if anyone is running this lift and could give me any feedback on it, negative or positive?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Lots of people run it I haven't heard much bad about it I know it can be updated to have a one piece cross member fairly easy and cheap

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I run it. I think its one of the best ifs full 6" lifts you can buy. If you have the old style with 3 piece crossmembers you will want to upgrade to make it stronger, but you don't have to. My truck has been through hell and its held up very well considering.

GMC97

Reaction score
I run it. I think its one of the best ifs full 6" lifts you can buy. If you have the old style with 3 piece crossmembers you will want to upgrade to make it stronger, but you don't have to. My truck has been through hell and its held up very well considering.
Is this the lift you have....http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=EXPK1048B&catID=1&subCat=38&ptID=3533&plID=1808
The only difference I see in the pics are the shocks. Is this the old style lift or the updated one?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i have the older style, great lift, true 6" only issue with the older design the rear corssmember can crack at one of the relief wholes but under warranty you can get a newer updated one for free.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
The only part of my lift that is different now compared to the new one is the center link and the idler arm bracket. Both are great lifts, but the newer one had fixed some known problems. Procomp lifts have been popular since about 1995 for these trucks.