6.5 swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta say I really love how they sound. As shallow as that is, I thought it was a great choice for that particular truck since all it was going to do was cruise around anyway, just be a fun toy. Oh, well. It's someone else's now and the first thing they did was convert it to mechanical, like I had planned to. :)

Richard

miles0

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miles0

Reaction score
I have a cclb also and was thinking about doing a diesel swap but heard how unfavorable they 6.5 were but then i came across this video on making the 6.5 more reliable i hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I'll chime in because opinions are like....elbows...everyone has one. I'm on my second 6.5 and regretted ever selling my first. With my current time, it's as fast as my other gas vehicles, and a bit more fun.

That being said, for a motor swap, I'd spend my money on a newer used LS motor system. The 6.0 engines are awesome, and readily available with the computers and transmissions ready to go, and can be had for 1500-3000 bucks.

If you want a diesel, I'd do a duramax swap. More expensive, but cool as hell!