5th wheel hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I just got a 2500 and it has the hole cut in the bed for a fifth wheel but no ball or any of the brackets. Do they just bolt on or is it a custom weld on job? and how much should i expect it to cost?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
1 Hole?

Sounds more like a gooseneck ball than a 5th wheel hitch foot.

Does it look like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yah i ment gooseneck ball sorry regional slang i suppose

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They bolt on. You can get a gooneck hitches anywhere from probably $200-$500 and a shop would likely charge anywhere from 3-6 hours install. Maybe less since your holes are already drilled in the bed it sounds like.

B&W makes a good gooseneck hitch we have one on our farm truck

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
They bolt on. You can get a gooneck hitches anywhere from probably $200-$500 and a shop would likely charge anywhere from 3-6 hours install. Maybe less since your holes are already drilled in the bed it sounds like.

x2. Chances are it was a B&W turnover ball if there is only one round hole. Ask the previous owner what was in there if possible, then get that particular hitch and it'll bolt right in.

I wish my trucks would've already have the holes punched when I bought 'em LOL:weld:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yah he just pulled it out and put it in his new truck ill see what i can figure out

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yah i ment gooseneck ball sorry regional slang i suppose

not so much as a slang thing,,,lol,, a gooseneck and a fifth wheel are two different types of hitches,, a goose neck has a ball in the bed and a fifth wheel would have something more like a clasp like a big rig,,

gooseneck:

fifth wheel:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yah i know the difference I'm saying around here if someone says 5th wheel i just know they mean gooseneck thats just what ppl call um

Reaction score

Indeed!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a 5th wheel if my truck was bigger. Lol

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk