5/8 drop question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok ok I see now sweet I will be ordering all my drop stuff next week just shopping around on the net to find a good place to throw down my cash at.. Hey dropped93 what problems do you have with your truck being dropped 5/8 any front end problems? Or what do I need to look out for. Cuz this is my daily driver so I'm going to starting the drop on Friday and have to drive it to work on Monday!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Done properly, you shouldn't have any issues with the drop aside from the fact that it's a lot lower. I drove daily with a 5/8 for about 5 years and 100,00 miles and didn't have a lick of trouble from it.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1badgmc what off set are your wheels on your blue truck and how wide are they.. I will be getting wheels soon and like the look of your truck.. I like the look of the deep off set..

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fronts are 19x8 with 5" backspacing and the rears are 20x10 with 6" backspacing. The rears should have really been 7" with a bagged truck like mine, but since it doesn't lay, the 6" works and I like the looks better too.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Done properly, you shouldn't have any issues with the drop aside from the fact that it's a lot lower. I drove daily with a 5/8 for about 5 years and 100,00 miles and didn't have a lick of trouble from it.

this. ive been drivin mine without any problems really. with the right wheel/tire combo and roll the fenders you shouldnt rub. if stock 15s trim the control arms, if you know a good exhaust shop and want to fix somethin before it gets beat up bad get your y pipe tucked. i had to fix mine 3 times before i got it tucked. my tires wear kinda fast but my frames bent so i cant dial in my alignment right. It can be done though without problems so dont be scared

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What brand wheels are those Jason?? I can't post pictures cuz I'm working off my iPhone or I would show the wheels I'm lookin at.. Sad thing is they don't make a 19" wheel in the wheel I'm getting just 18" an 20" so I'm going 18's all they way around.. Maybe? Lol

Hey dropped93 I'm not skeered.. I cut up a 85 SS Monte Carlo last week to build my new stock car with lol give me your email and I will show you want I did with the body..

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are Boyd Coddingtons. You have to go with the custom wheel brands like Boyd, Colorado Custom, Intro, etc. to get the odd stuff like 19s and custom backspacing.

I went with the combo because I didn't want 20s all around. For me, it's still too big on this truck (my tastes are somewhat conservative). At the same time, I don't like 18/20 combos because the 2" stagger is too much.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow!! Those are $$ looked at some the other day lol.. Yeah I don't want 20's all the way around to short of a wheel base for that size rim.. I like the new age muscle car look more less like what you have done.. I would like to do 18x9 front and 19x11 out back but the rims are out there!! ($$)

Jason what's your email I will send you a picture of the wheel I'm looking at and give me your opion

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I paid right at $3000 with tires back in '03. Tires were $250 each, so you do the math on the wheels. I'd be scared to see the pricing today. I also got them for a killer deal through a friend who was a dealer.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ones I was looking at was $319 just for 1 rim!! I nicely walk real fast way haha! The boss 338 wheel are going to run me $750 with lugnuts out the door the tires are $900.

The boss 338 wheels I can get the old school spinners for like alot of the hot rods ran and running now. There the old knock off center caps. I'm going the gray centers and my truck being black I think it's going to be kickass!! Old school hot rod is what I'm after...