4wd th350 in 88 c1500 long bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wondering but can I swap a 4wd th350 in place of a 2wd 700r4. Reason for question is I have a perfect th350 in a wrecked 83 GMC Jimmy and a messed up 700r4 in a 88 GMC c1500 long bed. Wondering what all I would have to go through to swap these transmissions. If not possible then rebuild for the 700r4 it is. Thanks for any input. I don't directly know much about either transmission as far as their physical dimensions or mechanical specifications.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your tail shafts are going to be different. Lengths are going to be different. Where the mount and crossmember meet are probably going to different. You can probably adapt the trans to work with a 2wd tail shaft but I am not sure how to do that. It will bolt up to you engine fine. I don't know if the flexplates are the same but i would guess they are. past that it would be a lot of work to get it to work. If it where me I would bit the bullet and just have the 700r4 rebuilt.