4wd light flashing on switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 97 k2500 suburban. It does have the manual engagement front diff. On the test drive, when switching into 4wd, the light flashed in both 4lo and 4hi. The truck did go in and out of lo, but the light kept flashing? Is the due to the manual locking front diff, or do I have other issues?

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actuator probably is shot or connection to it, my 97 used to flash and never engage, buddy I bought the truck off had an actuator in the back storage tub of the ext cab that was forced and held open with a finishing nail, I thought weird but ok, then realized it wouldn't actuate into 4x4 when I pushed the buttons, crawled under and realized the wires to the actuator were cut, pulled it out and tested it, worked good, checked the one in the back seat and it didn't work, hooked the wires back up and the 4x4 worked perfectly after that, I think buddy was crawling under the truck and using the actuator with the nail to force it into 4x4 or something retarded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's going in. Or at least it's changing gear ranges. I csn hear the clunk as it goes in and out.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has the posi-lock front differential engagement add on. Electronic transfer case

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone have a wiring diagram? The front actuator is unplugged as it doesn't exist any more (cable lock replaced it). I'm wondering if I need a resistor to fool the truck into thinking its still there to get the flash to stop.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
still no joy. I'm think i'll have to try adding the actuator to see what it does

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone have a wiring diagram? The front actuator is unplugged as it doesn't exist any more (cable lock replaced it). I'm wondering if I need a resistor to fool the truck into thinking its still there to get the flash to stop.
Yep.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk