4L60E VSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxakabill

Reaction score
I tried searching around a little bit but I couldnt find anything that was similar to what I needed. Does anyone know what the values from the vehicle speed sensor should be? Are there a certain amount of pulses for 1 MPH and the pulses just multiply the faster you get? Or is it a non linear sort of pattern? I dont have easy access to an oscilloscope to get this info myself so if anyone can help me out that would be great.

maxakabill

Reaction score
I found what I needed.

ALLDATA Online

IMPORTANT: The sensor resistance is model dependent and varies with speed from a minimum of 0.5 volts AC at 100 RPM to more than 100 volts AC at 8000 RPM.

The vehicle speed sensor (or transmission output speed sensor) controls shift points and calculates the TCC slip. The speed sensor contains a coil that gives off a continuous magnetic field. A rotor rotates past the sensor and the rotor teeth break the magnetic field. Each break in the field sends a pulse to the VSSB (Vehicle Speed Sensor Buffer) . The VSSB sends two signals to the PCM. The first is a 2002 pulse per mile (PPM) signal that is used by the engine. The second is the transmission/transfer case 40 Pulse Per Revolution (PPR) signal that is used in order to control the transmission. In Two Wheel Drive (2WD) applications, the vehicle speed sensor is located on the transmission extension housing. Trans Output Speed = Transfer Case Speed. DTC P0502 will set if a fault exists in the vehicle speed sensor circuit 40 PPR line.