4L60E Transmission Rebuild Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
Where do I find the electronics such as a wiring harness, solonoids, etc. in kit at? Is there a special kit for the check balls or are they included with the new valve body? I found the basic rebuild kits but no kits for replacing the electronics that inside the trany.

Found some parts at www.transmissionpartsusa.com. But nothing in kits all priced individually.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have them in stock if you want to call me tomorrow I will see what you need and get you a price. I sell to mostly other transmission shops and some on ebay and such. 601-238-6620.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yes I'm highjacking thread momentarily....rhino, you only fool with automatics correct?

Hijack over, I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah.. I only do automatics. I do have a builder here that is a good standered shift guy, we just don't get a ton of calls on them.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have them in stock if you want to call me tomorrow I will see what you need and get you a price. I sell to mostly other transmission shops and some on ebay and such. 601-238-6620.

I might be interested as well. . . . . .

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I buy and sell to transtar, whatever-it-takes, and a few more. Those two are the biggest. I am just like everyone else in the parts buisness, we carry OEM stuff and aftermarket. Some transmission shops like the cheap stuff, some like the good stuff. In this case, on a solenoid kit, most people buy (and I try and push) the OEM. The aftermarket solenoids have pigtails coming off them where the OEM is snap in. The price is not that big of difference either. OEM solenoid kits with wire harness is around $150.00, aftermarket is $130.00. Most shops get the OEM because they have to warranty what they sale. Individuals are usually more prone to get the cheaper. As far as hard parts go, servo's, shells, drums etc, some of the aftermarket companies like Sonnex and Superior can't be beat. They address the weak points in the transmission and simply make them more durable.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
Yeah I buy and sell to transtar, whatever-it-takes, and a few more. Those two are the biggest. I am just like everyone else in the parts buisness, we carry OEM stuff and aftermarket. Some transmission shops like the cheap stuff, some like the good stuff. In this case, on a solenoid kit, most people buy (and I try and push) the OEM. The aftermarket solenoids have pigtails coming off them where the OEM is snap in. The price is not that big of difference either. OEM solenoid kits with wire harness is around $150.00, aftermarket is $130.00. Most shops get the OEM because they have to warranty what they sale. Individuals are usually more prone to get the cheaper. As far as hard parts go, servo's, shells, drums etc, some of the aftermarket companies like Sonnex and Superior can't be beat. They address the weak points in the transmission and simply make them more durable.

OK, I know I need a new valve body and check balls. I guess I have to go to GM for OEM soloniod kit?

Ever bought from www.bulkpart.com ?

Last edited:

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No... Most part places have OEM. The checkballs come in most kits also. What's wrong with your valve body? Can you not rebuild it? The only bore that wears out much is the TCC regulator valve but there is a fix for that.