4L60E Transmission Rebuild Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
No... Most part places have OEM. The checkballs come in most kits also. What's wrong with your valve body? Can you not rebuild it? The only bore that wears out much is the TCC regulator valve but there is a fix for that.

The check ball #7 sticks on the OEM valvebody from what I was told.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the transmission doing? The no 7 checkball usually sticks in the plate not the valve body. It wedges in the plate. They make a plate repair kit, or transgo makes a new plate. I personally have had better luck repairing the original plate. Its pretty rare on a 4L60E that you have to replace the valve body though.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
What is the transmission doing? The no 7 checkball usually sticks in the plate not the valve body. It wedges in the plate. They make a plate repair kit, or transgo makes a new plate. I personally have had better luck repairing the original plate. Its pretty rare on a 4L60E that you have to replace the valve body though.

Ok thats what I meant then plate. Its shifts hard and loud from 1-2 and sometimes from 2-3 hard and loud.