4L60E MOD advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
Oh almost forgot to ask, which version of the lt1 didja end up getting? There's 3 in case ya didn't know: 1) iron block, iron heads; 2) iron block, aluminum heads; 3) aluminum 4-bolt block, aluminum heads.

1997 WS6 Bird Iron block, w/ alum heads. plus I got a spair ;-) , hay can any body decipher this SN code from the "new" transfer case "5 31 96 2" my guess is "May 31st 1996 2nd shift" and it is a 243C 272 ratio trying to figure out what year it really is? transmission has M30 on the pass side bell housing??

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
That makes good sense with the date code, but hopefully rhino will chime in on this. He's the resident transmission guru.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even lt5 basket cases are over 6k....that'd be an expensive setup for sure lol.

Yeah, they're kinda sorta proud of those things. Better to just leave em to the ZR1 guys and build an LT1.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, they're kinda sorta proud of those things. Better to just leave em to the ZR1 guys and build an LT1.

Yeah, bout to sell mine when I finally can get a price on a full rebuild kit....bought it in 07 as a basket case for 6.8k and no one locally carries full kits, usually just partial kits. The main bearings were all spun except front and rears.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
Yeah, bout to sell mine when I finally can get a price on a full rebuild kit....bought it in 07 as a basket case for 6.8k and no one locally carries full kits, usually just partial kits. The main bearings were all spun except front and rears.

AH em don't call me I don't even have access to that kind of jack, LOL

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember looking at a website a few years ago that specialized in OE parts for ZR1's. The heads, bare castings, were 1200 each. Badass motors, but too rich for my blood.